In this post we will tell you how to get an IEC number. Complete details is explained below:
In this article, we will discuss about an IEC number and how we can get this certificate from the authority. However, first of all, we have to briefly explain about an IEC number. Therefore, let us have a look:
IEC number is an abbreviation of Import Export Code (IEC), which we can call as a licence for import and export. IEC number is mandatory for those individuals, who perform their business by import and export. Without getting this number, they can’t do any import or export of any goods from India to outside india. This number is enforced by the DGFT- Director General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to Indian Companies.
In general, this code is taken by manufacturers or various companies for international trading or manufacturing. However, as per government rule, a number of freelancers, web designers, programmers and other small companies, who are trading not in goods but in services make their transactions through Paypal from India to outside india, have to also apply for an IEC number.
Well, after discussing about the meaning and objective of IEC number, let us explain that how we can get Import Export Code (IEC) number.
1. First of all, we have to fill the application form, which is known as Aayaat Niryaat Form – ANF2A. This form we can get from any nearest Registered office or Head office regional authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade.
2. After getting this form, we are required to fill their essential details in the form, such as:
(i) Name and contact details of IEC applicant.
(ii) Bank account details
(iii) IEC application fee
(iv) PAN details
(v) Type of exporter
(vi) Details of applicant firm
3. After that, we have to submit a certificate from the banker of the company.
4. In the case of Non – Indian company, it is necessary for him to get a Unique Identification Number, which is issued by the Reserve Bank of India, for getting a IEC number.
5. Thereafter, submit the application form with a copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) card. However, this PAN card is issued by the Income Tax Authority in the name of the company and is also certified by the company’s director with the company’s stamp.
6. In the application form, applicant attests two passport size photographs by their banker. The additional photograph of their Managing Director and other authorised individual will need to be given.
7. Applicant also requires submitting a certified copy of Board Resolution for getting an IEC number.
8. Thereafter, applicant will submit a copy of their Certificate of Incorporation and Article or Memorandum of Association, which is certified by the company’s director with the company stamp. In case of any change in the company’s director from the date of incorporation, the applicant is also required to file a Form 32 and submit a copy with the registrar of company. It is also certified by the company’s director with company stamp.
9. After accumulating all documents into an envelope with a bank draft of Rs. 250, it can be sent by speed post to DGFT registered office.
Well, after sending the envelope with essential documents, to the DGFT office, applicant will receive their Import Export Code (IEC) Number within one to two weeks.
Note: You can get the application form also from the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) website, which is dgft.gov.in